Welcome to Sales Success Consulting Blog

This blog is aimed at highlighting the best practices regarding Web Design, Landing Page Optimization, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other lead generation tips.

We are a leading Web Design Agency based in Boston, MA providing custom web design and result-oriented SEO services. Contact James Salerno at 800-539-0685 to unlock the true potential of your website.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Boston SEO - Sales Success Requires "Do it Now" Attitude

Let me share with you a sales life tip that has greatly impacted my sales success.

When I was in cold call sales, I had a sales trainer that told me I need to remember 3 words that would impact my cell success/life success.

These 3 words are "Do It Now."  "Do it now."

I find myself to this day saying these words multiple times a day to motivate myself to be better and more impactful.
As a sales professional, these 3 words mean making extra call when you're exhausted, sending out the appropriate sales materials or a "thank you" note right away after a meeting and may even mean filling up your car the night before an important client meeting, role playing your sales message into a handheld recorder or in front of a mirror until the message feel smooth, or  taking a few minutes in putting on paper your personal goals.

On my 1st week on the my second sales job, I was about an hour and 20 min. away from home and made a call after 5 o'clock on a potential customer.  It would've been easy for me to have said I'll do it next time but I heard those 3 words and walked through that door.  The customer said my timing could not have been any better that he been thinking about upgrading his equipment.  It was the largest sale of any sales representative that year.

Sales Success is not luck.  My belief is that comes from listening to customers, overcoming objections, asking them to do something that is going to benefit their clients, and remembering those 3 words. 

Do it now. Do it now!

If you need help with your Sales Success or Boston SEO Strategy call us at 800-539-0685

No comments: